We are hiring a SQL DBA lead willing to work in a fast paced, 24x7 environment.
- Maintain the integrity and performance of the various environments through maintenance routines.
- Support production and other environments consisting of SQL 2000-2008, Windows Server 2000-2014.
- Install, administer, and update windows and SQL 2000-2014 servers
- Ensure backups and recoverability of databases.
- Maintain the high availability and disaster recovery (HADR) systems including performing failover and failback.
- Troubleshoot SQL Agent jobs and SSIS/Data Factory package failures.
- Production monitoring of performance, capacity, and scalability including raising archiving requirements.
- Software release deployment and operational script deployment from other IT teams.
- Database code review.
- Database source control governance.
- Responsible for environment database refreshes.
- Control access permissions and privileges.
- Continual performance tuning and optimization
- SQL patching and version upgrades.
- Project work such as disaster recovery site upgrades and database migrations.
- Maintain and enhance technical documentation.
- Providing operational DBA support in 24/7 environment.
Required Candidate profile
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a SQL / Oracle DBA.
- Must have installed, configured and administered various versions of SQL/ Oracle Database including 11G and 12C
- Must have experience on Upgrade , Migration of DB and DB Refresh
- Should have experience managing DBs configured with High Availability
- Good troubleshooting skills are desired
- Extensive experience in Performance Tuning , Health checks and Optimization
- Should have implemented and managed Native Backup tools and must have thorough knowledge
- Capable of handling Technical escalations from the team, Capable of training , Guiding the team as and when required
- Capable of providing solutions to the problems
- Understanding of applications like JDE / Data warehouse
- Must have good experience administering Oracle DB on both Windows and Unix Platform
- Knowledge on Scripting and SQL / Oracle Database administration is an added advantage
- Good Understanding of ITIL Process
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Desired Candidate Profile
A rapidly growing in ERP company, focusing on SAP & JD Edwards & Microsoft Consulting, providing services for medium and large organizations in the public and private sectors
View Contact Details+
Contact Company:RS Consultants