QA engineer responsibilities include designing and implementing tests, debugging and defining corrective actions. He / She will also review system requirements and track quality assurance metrics.
The QA technician role plays an important part in product development process. The ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets client needs, while being cost-effective.The candidate should come from an Engineering background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems.
Ultimately, the incumbent should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Coordinate with developers and stakeholders to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Required Candidate profile
- Proven work experience in software development
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Hands-on experience with both white box and black box testing
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Solid knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
Salary: INR 5,00,000 - 10,00,000 PA.
Functional Area:IT Software - QA & Testing
Role:Quality Assurance/Quality Control Executive
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:B.Sc - Computers, B.Tech/B.E. - Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers, BCA - Computers
PG:MCA - Computers, MS/M.Sc(Science) - Computers, Electronics & Embedded Technology, Electronics, M.Tech - Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication