Position: Cloud Engineer / Devops
Organisation: A leading software company
Notice:Can Join immediately / within one month
As a Cloud Engineer, you will help the product team attain maturity in the cloud technology stack, architecture and practices with the goal to create high-quality products and features.
- Having some background or coursework in Computer Science
- AWS certifications, Kubernetes certification or the likes.
- Relevant experience in a product organisation
- AWS security services like GuardDuty, Inspector, Cognito, WAF & Shield.
- Worked on one or more Programming language (preferably Java or C#)
- Worked on infrastructure design and implementation of serverless applications.
- Proficient in English language.
- Should have been working for at least four years as a DevOps/Cloud Engineer
- Should have experience in scripting knowledge in Shell/Python
- Should be able to use tools like Postman to hit API endpoints, find HTTP error codes and debug and fix configuration issues in infra e.g 500 Internal Server error related to DB connection etc.
- Should have worked on AWS Cloud services like compute, storage, databases, network, application integration, monitoring & alerting, Identity & Access Management.
- Should have been working in an Infrastructure as code environment or understands it very clearly.
- candidate should know things like high availability/fault tolerance (Route53, DNS, load balancer), security options etc. while setting up infrastructure components. Also debugging network issues by using DNS lookup, traceroute etc.
- Shoud have done Infrastructure coding using Cloudformation / Terraform and Configuration Management using Chef / Ansible.
- Hands-on experience of working on containers and its orchestration using Kubernetes.
- Has good knowledge and understanding of Network Security, Security Architecture and Secured SDLC practices
- Should have worked on NoSQL Databases likeCassandra, Aerospike, MongoDB, DynamoDB or Couchbase.
- Candidate should be able to provision, configure and maintain databases .
- Central Logging, monitoring using stacks like ELK(Elastic) on the cloud, Grafana, Prometheus, etc.
- Should have worked on creating CI/CD pipelines using one or more tools (Jenkins, Bamboo or Circle CI)
- Should have worked on two or more Scripting languages (Python/Shell/Ruby)
- Should have ease in understanding Shell / Powershell and Bash scripts for the default libraries of OS
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code, testing, and deployment.
- Has some basic knowledge of Application/Web servers (Apache/Nginx).
- Has some basic understanding of REST/SOAP APIs
- Has understanding of distributed systems
Some of the things that you can look forward to doing once you are here are:
- Be part of Agile rituals like Feature elaboration / Estimation, daily stand-ups, release planning, Iteration Planning Meeting, Retrospective, Showcase, etc
- Maintain Product Infrastructure using reusable clean code and one-click deployment methodologies.
- Creating technical design specs for a multi-region across availability zone deployments.
- Work on clustering strategies of NoSql Databases and implementing the latest features by rolling upgrades ensuring higher availability.
- Create testing platforms for the Infrastructure code for ensuring high availability using the unit and regression tests for infrastructure code.
- Making sure that security is the most important part of the product and compliances like PCI and all are maintained and tests are performed.
- Writing libraries and plugins for the open-source products and tools used by the team using Python, C#, Java, etc.
- Evaluate the latest technology releases and ensure that the Product is always at the best to use Platform.
- Gate keep development process and quality by ensuring that best practices are followed.
- Coach, train and mentor to improve the maturity and value of the cloud practices within the team.
Required Candidate profile
- Looking for candidate who have min 4yrs experience in Devops
- Should have experience in AWS serverless services like API Gateway, Lambda
- Should have experience in Kubernetes.
- Should have experience in scripting either shell or python
- Can Join immediately / within one month
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Functional Area:IT Software - Other
Desired Candidate Profile
UG:BCA - Computers, B.Tech/B.E. - Any Specialization
Contact Company:RS Consultants