Roles and Responsibilities
Position: Dy. Manager – Purchase & Logistics
Directly Reporting Positions: Sr General Manager Supply Chain and Logistics
Key Stakeholders: Raw Material suppliers (local, external & SV), CHA, logistics service providers, QA, Production, Finance, SCM, Custom, DGFT, 3PL
Organization: An MNC, leader in material technology
To carry out raw material planning, purchase & Logistics
- To plan, source, negotiate and procure Stainless Steel & Ni alloy bars (Direct Purchase).
- Develop and implement raw material procurement strategy and procedures
- Coordination with SV / RM Suppliers for planning and deliveries as per our requirement. This is as per Sales and Capacity planning & Forecasting process.
- Negotiation for raw material price from external suppliers (Indian & Global)
- Monitor, control and manage Raw Material Inventory as per plan. Maintain NWC.
- Coordinate with production planning to ensure raw material availability as per production plan
- Coordinate with Sales and Capacity planning for raw material requirement and weekly place orders to primary
- Ensure all customer orders are covered with raw material orders. Based on the customer orders align raw material orders and delivery
- Regular follow up with raw material suppliers to ensure on time delivery every time
- Source and develop external raw material suppliers
- Responsible for Logistics contracts, local transports.
- Responsible for import of raw material and dealing with customs and DGFT office
- MIS Updation.
- Ensuring all actions in the department are in the direction of achieving company’s qualitative & quantitative targets and follow all statutory requirements of the company.
- Ensure the department working & maintaining record as per the ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & 45001
Desired Candidate Profile
- Knowledge of stainless steel and Ni alloy grades
- Negotiation Skill
- Planning and IT skills –Excel, PPC, SOPIC, logistics systems and Interactive systems
- Import – Export
- Inventory Management
Degree in Engineering & MBA preferred
10 years minimum
**** This is a diversity hiring position and we are considering a female candidate who has relevant experience
Role:Procurement / Purchase Manager
Salary: 8,00,000 - 10,00,000 P.A.
Industry:Iron & Steel
Functional Area:Procurement & Supply Chain
Role Category:Procurement & Purchase
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical, Metallurgy, Chemical, Electrical