Job Objective The successful candidate will plan, design, develop and implement firmware from inception to deployment, for microcontrollers and Systems on Chip (SoC), for use in industrial I/O type devices that interface with prominent industrial network protocols (EtherNet/IP, DeviceNet, Profinet, Profibus-DP, EtherCAT, etc).
The candidate will be responsible for firmware design, project status reporting and meeting development schedules and milestones including development and execution of testing and validation plans and participating in code reviews. Additionally, the position requires that all development practices are in compliance with best practices for code development, reuse and portability, as well as documentation, bug tracking and maintaining all records and metrics related to the software development process.
- Understand Project / Work Scope, plan and deliver quality output / deliverables to meet the expected schedule and timeline
- Design, develop, write code, test, and debug system software / firmware
- Analyze and debug system firmware/software functions and processes.
- Review code and design criteria and optimize performance.
- Architecture modelling & verification
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of embedded system resources.
- Design, develop and integrate new product functional algorithms and structures.
- Design to support firmware/software QA.
- Development, modification, and optimization of error handling and diagnostics code routines.
- Clone detection and management
- Assess third party and open-source software.
- Provide postproduction support by identifying complex technical issues, evaluating options and implementing solutions.
- Create technical manuscripts of firmware operation
- Interface with hardware design and development
- Coordination and collaboration with other firmware engineers (remote and on-site) and with other disciplines (hardware, mechanical, etc.) in order to develop, troubleshoot, validate, document and release an optimal system solution
- Generate Project Metrics as per EIC-Pune and / or Business Unit Guidelines
- Report Local Manager for All the activities
- Contribute to EIC-Pune Assigned Initiatives
- Should be able to work in Engineering Laboratory for Product & System Level Testing following
- Safety Practices & Guidelines
Desired Candidate Profile Skill Requirements:
- Minimum Bachelor’s in Engineering Electronics / Instrumentation / System Software or relevant discipline.
- 2-4 years of experience in Embedded firmware/software development and Design including troubleshooting/debugging embedded targets and C/C++ programming
- Familiarity with software configuration management tools, defect tracking tools, source code control tools, and peer review including Eclipse, Mercurial (or other DVCS), and GCC Ability to read, write, and implement system and firmware specifications.
- Solid understanding of software development fundamentals
- Knowledgeable in using bare metal development as well as RTOS in embedded system applications
- Knowledge with CAN and ethernet based protocols
- Ability to respond and adapt to changing priorities.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, capable of working with minimal supervision.
- Undertakes work in an efficient and timely manner.
- Handle projects independently and guide team members as and when required
- Respect company’s values and ethics
- Excellent organizational and time management skills are a must.
- A willingness to learn is critical
- Good Communication skills in Verbal English with neutral accent is must
- Prior Working Experience in Global Engineering Environment is preferred
- Motor control design and theory (BLDC, Stepper, PMDC)
- Closed loop control (PID and other systems)
- Development for safety critical and/or time critical systems
- Automotive bus systems (J1939, UDS)
- Embedded Communication protocols (SPI, I2C, etc.)
- Coding standards such as MISRA C 2012
- MathWorks MATLAB and Simulink – Good to have
- Experience in using basic electrical testing equipment (Multimeter, Analog and Digital
- Oscilloscope, Function Generators, etc.).
- Windows application development for functionality
Role:Full Stack Developer
Salary: 5,00,000 - 10,00,000 P.A.
Functional Area:Engineering - Software
Role Category:Software Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Electronics/Telecommunication, Instrumentation
PG:M.Tech in Electronics/Telecommunication