Head of engineering will be part of the senior leadership, working closely with the Founders to drive the company forward and impact its customers. The incumbent will work on new technologies and preside over the entire frontend and backend teams. Most importantly, the incumbent should be enthusiastic about helping the company grow and feeding off a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Leading the Engineering team to deliver to the product roadmap, emphasising Agile web development processes, focusing on achieving high-quality results in an aggressive, faster-to-market manner.
- Additionally, you will work closely with the founder and the product team to refine and iterate on the product roadmap from time to time.
- Developing the engineering team by providing coaching and mentoring to your team members, challenging individuals for peak performance and developing a logical career path for the department
- Solve challenging technology problems - a large part of the product roadmap consists of products/features that would be unique.
- You will work closely with our technical architects, senior engineers, and more on designing and nurturing our product infrastructure as well as architecture.
- Partner with cross-functional core stakeholders in engineering, product management, program management, release management, QA, design, performance engineering, sales, and professional services teams to lead the technology vision and direction.
- Adjusting methodologies as necessary; anticipate technology changes and take steps to ensure development stays ahead or on track of the product roadmap
Desired Candidate Profile
- 8+ years of functional architecture, software design, engineering, and implementation experience in a complex and fast-moving start-up or mid-scale company environment.
- Build, lead and motivate a team of high performing engineers. Align the team to incorporate new technologies and processes to maximise development efficiency at the same time will get hands dirty when it is in the best interest of the group (e.g., occasional coding and willingness to pick up new languages)
- Well informed of available technology solutions/technology trends and choose viable technology options for the Business Leadership
- Strong expertise in Systems Architecture, API based codebase, Cloud Computing, and Storage Platforms. Must be knowledgeable about industry trends, best practices and change management in the aggregator/platform space.
- Deep knowledge of the front end like ReactJS, middleware and backend technologies such as Python, Docker, and Kubernetes. Recent hands-on experience in the development of enterprise-grade API(s). Recent experience with agile development methodologies is a must.
- Analytical leader with an objective thinking process and growth mindset
Perks and Benefits
- The ability for you to make an impact and lay a foundation for the upcoming fin-tech innovations.
- A multicultural and diverse team of colleagues from different states.
- Progressive and flexible work hours that match your personality and lifestyle.
- The best-in-class perks and benefits for developers. Compensation could include stock options for significant upside.
Role:Head - Engineering
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:FinTech / Payments
Functional Area:Engineering - Software & QA
Role Category:Software Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization