Roles and Responsibilities
Position: Purchase Head (Indirect Purchase, Store, and IT)
Superior Position: PU Manager
Directly Reporting Positions: Purchase, Store & IT
Key Stakeholders: Indirect Purchase Suppliers, logistics service providers, Production, Engineering and Project, QA, SCM, Finance, HR, Compliance, IT
Organization: An MNC, leader in Material Technology
Purchase: Sourcing and Procurement of Indirect purchase goods and services and project requirements for Mehsana unit and Pune Unit.
Store: Operation of central stores with stock & location accuracy with proper accounting along with safety and 5s requirements. Maintain Inventory and audit.
Streamline IT Requirement for Unit with support of central team. Improvement in digitation in unit. (Explore new possibility)
- Responsible for all Indirect Purchase in Contract management for consumable, spares, Facility Management contracts, local logistics contracts and all kind of service contracts.
- Planning, Developing and implementation of procedures for procurement of goods and services related to indirect purchase
- Conduct detailed demand, spend, cost and market analysis and a structured approach to tendering and negotiating with suppliers
- Conduct risk analysis and identify underlying reasons or facts and develop mitigation plans, including supplier diversity plans
- Understand interrelationships between contracts and terms while applying creativity and sound business reasoning to interpret application of contract to business needs
- Coordination with Suppliers for on time delivery as per technical specification and expectations
- Establish and maintain supplier relationships, and facilitate periodic business reviews to continually identify process improvements, cost saving and cost reduction opportunities and build a culture of long-term savings on procurement costs without compromising supply assurance or quality at strategic level
- Cooperate with all stake holders to guarantee agreement on terms and processes
- Discover and partner with trustworthy vendors and suppliers
- Responsible for supplier payment terms & payments to suppliers
- Support Mehsana operations in maintaining consumable & spares inventory and buying at competitive prices
- Proactively manage projects and perform purchasing tenders and supplier selection
- Continually explore new technologies to optimize performance, efficiency, and transparency to stakeholders
- Responsible for execution of COC audits for suppliers with compliance team
- Ensuring all actions in the department are in the direction of achieving company’s qualitative & quantitative targets and follow all statutory requirements of the company.
- Ensure the department working & maintaining record as per the ISO 9001, ISO 14001, OHSAS 18001.
- Co-ordinate with central IT for all IT related issues.
- IT cost monitoring
- Carry out suitable Change Request from user for development related issues regarding existing software.
- Abide by IT Security policy and authorization matrix.
- Smooth operation of all stores & activities related to stores like Receiving of goods, Document clearance, Storage, Preservation, and Accounting.
- Periodic perpetual Inventory verification, Annual Inventory verification,
- Discrepancy reporting to respective concerns as and when required with record.
- Discuss daily white board problems with concern stake holders.
- Continues improvement development on personal as well operational level.
- Develop and execute processes keeping in mind organization's Core Values
- Responsible for driving improvement such as Lean SMT BS 2, 5S, Kaizen, TPM, etc
- Forecast and Plan for PU Mehsana
- People development
- Report Hazard & Near miss related to Environment Health & Safety.
- Follow EHS guidelines and procedures, reporting hazards and potential improvement areas and participating to improve their work environment.
- Work according to Safety Principles towards the vision of zero harm.
Accountability: For all processes to be implement and regularly check.
Proactively work to resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure effective and timely resolution
In addition, the employee may be assigned other duties within the Production Area
Desired Candidate Profile
- Knowledge of tube manufacturing processes and customer requirement
- Expertise in Procurement with Negotiation skills
- Technology Skills & Financial acumen
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Information Technology
Degree or Diploma in Mechanical Engineer, MBA is preferable
**** This is a diversity hiring and we are considering Female candidates who has relevant experience
Role:Procurement / Sourcing Head
Salary: 15,00,000 - 25,00,000 P.A.
Industry:Iron & Steel
Functional Area:Procurement & Supply Chain
Role Category:Procurement & Purchase
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Mechanical
PG:MBA/PGDM in Information Technology, Systems, Operations