Roles and Responsibilities
Position:Senior Platform Engineer
Pune(Presently Remote due to Pandemic, post that the candidate need to relocate)
About the Organization:
A US AI-based search engine for market intelligence, used by the largest and fastest-growing firms globally.
We are seeking a passionate Software Engineer to help create the next big thing in data analysis and search solutions.
You will join our team of world-class experts developing the platform. The team is right at the very core of what we do and responsible for implementing the cutting-edge technology for scalable, distributed processing of crawling, searching and text processing functions.
The ideal candidate should possess strong Java skills accompanied by solid experience with working with cloud computing.
- Design and implementation of APIs
- Developing scalable systems to extract, mark and manipulate desired portions for text from doc, pdf and html documents from the web or other sources
- Improving the performance of search (SOLR/Lucene) and processing platform
- Leveraging cloud computing resources (AWS) to optimally execute back-end processing
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related discipline from IITs/NITs/BITS or other Tier I colleges.
- Minimum 5 years of software development experience in Java and a strong hands-on experience in Java8.
- Strong Object-Oriented skills (Analysis & Design) and fundamental C.S. skills (Data structures, algorithms, etc.).
- Solid hands on experience in working in distributed and scalable application environments.
- Solid hands on experience in multi-threading and concurrency
- Experience with working on Microservices, GIT, Maven and Spring framework components such as spring boot, spring data etc.
- Experience building secure, complex, and scalable APIs, from design through deployment
- Hands-on experience with testing frameworks such as Spock/JUnit, TestNG, Mockito
- Hands-on experience with code quality frameworks/tools such as SonarQube, pmd, checkstyle etc.
- Hands on experience on using cache
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Nice to Have
- Working knowledge on Elasticsearch, REDIS, SOLR/Lucene, and cloud platforms such as AWS or GCP.
- Working knowledge on NOSQL databases such as dynamodb
- Experience with working on Gradle and Linux platforms, Dockers, K8s
Desired Candidate ProfileOnly looking for immediate joiners or someone who can join in 1 month. Strong experience in product development background is needed. Ideally should be from a premium Engineering College / University (Tier-1).
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT Services & Consulting
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Electrical, Electronics/Telecommunication, Computers
PG:MCA in Computers,M.Tech in Computers,MS/M.Sc(Science) in Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
R S Consultants