Roles and Responsibilities
Position: Sr Software Engineer - Storage
Location: Pune (Currently work from home. Post pandemic, relocate to Pune)
Organization: A US based company providing technology services in Cloud, Storage Big Data and IOT domain.
Mandatory Skill: C, Storage or File System or Distributed System (any one is Mandatory)
Work for one of the top storage solution providers in the world. Help design and create storage and backup solutions
Roles & Responsibilities
- C based development for storage management products to manage devices, appliances, and storage subsystems.
- Develop, define, and document the core as-is design features and target architectures, along with a transformational roadmap, provide the vision for how the system should evolve over time, and conduct trade studies, as needed, to identify and compare alternative design solutions.
- You will apply deep understanding of systems, storage, and networks, and will draw on your experience for designing and architecting a complex storage management system for one of the top 50 storage vendors.
- Understand the storage and storage management ecosystem to architect cutting-edge features and products.
- Serve as a mentor to junior team members, contribute to studies and proposals, assist with generating intellectual capital, and build and maintain trusted relationships with senior level clients.
- The position provides the opportunity for setting the technical and design direction for a storage subsystem, and responsibility for its implementation into the larger server and storage product lines.
Desired Candidate Profile
Desired Skills & Expertise:
- Experience with systems programming on Linux operating system.
- Experience working with C programming in systems environments.
- Any experience in storage technologies like Parallel file systems, device management, storage virtualization, SAN, NAS etc is highly desirable.
- Experience in designing and implementing storage management software.
- Strong understanding of distributed systems and networking concepts.
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills. Open-source contributions in the storage/systems domain will be a huge plus.
- Excellent knowledge of version control systems like GIT, SVN, etc.
- Experience in developing automation & manual frameworks (any scripting language preferred).
- Understanding of one or more NAS protocols - NFS/CIFS (any file system knowledge would be preferred).
- Strong interpersonal and oral communication skills.
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Role Category:Programming & Design
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization, Computers,BCA in Computers
PG:M.Tech in Computers, Electronics/Telecommunication,MS/M.Sc(Science) in Computers
Doctorate:Doctorate Not Required
R S Consultants